Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 15th August 2017, 20:19   #1
leybold12

45 degree angle view finder for slr - is there one

Does anyone know if there is a 45 degree angle view finder out there for slr cameras? I have a Sony Alpha A77 and the Minolta 90 degree angle view finder makes my long telephoto more like an angled spotting scope but not quite. Too much neck craning. The 90 is better than trying to raise the camera up to eye level (too big of tripod and too unstable). The 90 does work great with the 2.1 Megapixel digital viewfinder but a 45 degree one would seem to be better.

All I have found is underwater 45 degree view finders that run about $900.
Old Wednesday 16th August 2017, 09:51   #2
iveljay

They seem to have died out, they were very popular when the Rollei tlr was one of the top press cameras and similar models were made for other film slrs and tlrs such as Hassleblad and Mamiya, they crop up in various places, but were designed to fit directly over the 6x6 screen, so not a lot of use to you.

There were rumours of someone doing a short run for the Olympus E-1 when it first came out, but since then nothing has crossed my horizon, just lots of right angle finders, pity as I could have used one when I did a lot of copy work with a stand mounted camera and it would have saved neck ache with that.

J
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: