Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 20th August 2017, 08:55   #1
Gduff

Swaro TLS APO 43 mm for Full Frame DSLR

Hi,
I'm searching for reviews, field tests of this adapter, but I cannot find anything on the Internet.
I've asked to Swarosvki, but they didn't want to answer "We have no direct connection to end consumer tests".

It's impossible to search in this forum, because the word "43" is deleted in the search field, "too short", and I'm not interested in the APS-C adapter reviews.

A search in Google give only links to buying sites.

Thank you if you have any links
Old Tuesday 22nd August 2017, 19:44   #2
DRodrigues

Probably too few people use it...
Is a recent product and not many people using full format for digiscopy.

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Old Tuesday 10th October 2017, 10:37   #3
mpc

A friend of mine has used the TLS APO 43 with very nice results. I expect more reviews and images will be available once more people are using this system.
You could try searching Flickr to see if anyone there is using one. I used Flickr searches a lot before buying the TLS APO 30 a couple of years ago.
Old Tuesday 10th October 2017, 12:27   #4
Vespobuteo

"If you’re a bird-watcher and wants to capture or document birds and observations in the field I recommend you use a phone adapter instead of the Swarovski ATX 85mm Scope and TLS APO adapter.
Phone adapters like the Swarovksi PA adapter iPhone adapter or one similar from Kowa (note Kowa makes adapters other phones than the iPhone) are a much more simple and easygoing solution without all the hassle of adjusting exposure, mounting adapter, removing cover, blowing away dust and all of the things you don’t want to waste your time in the field with.
Sure you might argue that using a phone yields lower quality than using a proper D-SLR which is true. But since we’re not foremost hindered by image quality but by inconvenience of using a DSLR on a scope where you’ll get none of the benefits from the DSLR, the phone adapter is a better choice and a no brainer."

https://www.tobiashjorth.com/swarovs...dapter-review/
Old Tuesday 10th October 2017, 19:29   #5
mpc

A phone adapter is also an option, Tobias. I am also a birder who makes photos as a secondary activity. For this I use a a TLS APO and mirrorless camera. There are no issues speed, convenience or size (camera and adapter fit in a 'scopac') and the quality is superb. I have managed 'record shots' as well as better photos during birding or longer trips. Not sure why you need to adjust exposure, mount, remove cover or 'blow dust' more with a camera than phone - certainly not a waste of time if you get a good shot.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: