Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 27th August 2005, 10:04   #1
senatore

Who found the Whinchat ?

Went to my local patch yesterday early afternoon (Marsh Lane in Warwickshire).There was not an awfull lot around of any great interest and I only saw one wader a lone Common Sandpiper.The 2 Med. Gulls seen there earlier had gone.

As I made my round the site all the 5 birders I met asked me "Have you seen the Whinchat?" One had been seen briefly the day before.Of course I had,nt as I usually have to rely upon others to find birds for me.

As I walked back to my car having just locked the site entrance gate my keen birders eye (Ha Ha !) spotted something on a barbed wire fence in the field opposite.Using all the bushcraft I know (not much !) I got within 20 metres and focussed the bins and there it was the Whinchat.Allright it is not a great rarity but I was pleased because I had found it and it was a lifer.

I had watched it for about 15 mins as it caught insects when another birder joined me to see what I was looking at."Ha Ha" he said " I have been tracking this little beauty all over the site since mid morning.Great that,s a year tick for me". Only too pleased to help I thought.

Max.
Old Saturday 27th August 2005, 15:48   #2
John N
Super Moderator & Baggeridge Birder

Congratulations Max,every lifer is great but it is even better when you find it yourself,well done. All thebest Jihn.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: