Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 13th October 2005, 23:32   #1
jacquot

Old Customs vs. newer

My first pair of binoculars was a B&L Custom 8x36, the older version, which were quite good optically and which my wife has been using when she comes with me birding. I've been in the market for a pair of 10x's that I would use for hawk watching, basically. I have a pair of B&L Elite 8x42's that I use for general birding.

I've seen a pair--new, actually--of the older Custom 10x40's, and have also seen that the newer version, which I wasn't even aware of, is still available at a couple of places. I can find no comparison of the models, nor any way to compare them to current offerings from other companies. I always felt my old 8x36's were quite good.

I'd love any comment on this. I am also considering splurging for either a pair of Nikon 10x SE's or the current Zeiss ClassiC. I have found both at very low prices, but cost is still an issue, and the use will be somewhat limited and shared with my scope, after all....
BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Click here to Support BirdForum
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: