Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 23rd January 2006, 13:51   #1
Reini

Shikra take a bath

Have you ever seen a Shikra taking a bath?About 10 minutes I saw one sitting in a smal pool between bushes ,doing nothing than resting.I watched him from a little hide in the Senegambia hotel garden,but I couldn't manage a good photo because the pool is in a thicket and shadow with less light through leaves which hinder me in taking a free shot..I guess it is an unusually behaviour,isn'it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shikra take a bath.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	38165  

Last edited by Reini : Monday 23rd January 2006 at 13:59.
BF Supporter 2006
Click here to Support BirdForum
Old Monday 23rd January 2006, 14:18   #2
saluki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini
Have you ever seen a Shikra taking a bath?About 10 minutes I saw one sitting in a smal pool between bushes ,doing nothing than resting.I watched him from a little hide in the Senegambia hotel garden,but I couldn't manage a good photo because the pool is in a thicket and shadow with less light through leaves which hinder me in taking a free shot..I guess it is an unusually behaviour,isn'it?
Hi Reini,

The rehab Sparrowhawks I had when younger would bath every day if given the oportunity. I've known falconer's birds fly off and bath rather than fly something if they haven't bathed that day!

saluki
Old Monday 23rd January 2006, 20:01   #3
Reini

Thanks saluki for your answer and your examples.I never saw it before but I am not an expert in raptors.
BF Supporter 2006
Click here to Support BirdForum
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: