Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 5th March 2006, 04:53   #1
Adamos

House Finch Eye Disease

Hello, Im concerned about a high number of House Fiches coming to my feeders with large eye tumors and diseases. I remember seeing one about a year ago, and now ive seen about 3 individuals with the desease. Ive acctually heard somewhere about some type of house finch eye disease, but I forgot where. So I was wondering if anyone had any info about it or if theres any way to stop it if its contagious to other birds. Thanks
Old Sunday 5th March 2006, 05:52   #2
Katy Penland

Cornell Lab of Ornithology conducts year-round surveys of House Finch Eye Disease and other problems with this species. This link also has answers to your questions.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/hofi/
BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2010 2014
Click here to Support BirdForum
Old Sunday 5th March 2006, 07:34   #3
Adamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Penland
Cornell Lab of Ornithology conducts year-round surveys of House Finch Eye Disease and other problems with this species. This link also has answers to your questions.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/hofi/

Oh, I see. Hmmm I live in Calif kinda a bad sign that the disease is moving west also.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: