Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
||Thread Tools||Rate Thread|
|Saturday 19th August 2006, 14:30||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Southeastern Virginia, USA
Just getting into Dragonflys.
Thank you for your help.
|Saturday 19th August 2006, 19:03||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Houston, Texas
You have managed some nice photographs, but ID can still be tricky.
1. From the view shown it is most likely a female member of the "Skimmer" family (Libellula ?sp.) could be a Yellow-sided, Golden-winged, Needham's Skimmer all are native to VA.
2. A Holloween Pennant (Celithemis eponina) male
3. A Great Blue Skimmer (Libellula vibrans) female.
4. Another Great Blue Skimmer female, I think the color difference is largely due to age.
5. Blue Dasher (Pachydiplax longipennis) male
Hope this helps.
|Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What dragonfly is this and is it mating?||senatore||Insects, Dragonflies, Arachnids, Beetles & More||1||Friday 4th August 2006 11:03|
|The final 2 dragonfly IDs for the season?||Macswede||Insects, Dragonflies, Arachnids, Beetles & More||9||Monday 3rd October 2005 21:40|
|Dragonfly ID||herring99||Insects, Dragonflies, Arachnids, Beetles & More||5||Thursday 28th July 2005 22:33|
|Late Dragonfly||Gerry Hooper||Insects, Dragonflies, Arachnids, Beetles & More||15||Sunday 12th December 2004 21:48|
|ID? Dragonfly & Beetle||tpanc13||Insects, Dragonflies, Arachnids, Beetles & More||0||Monday 28th June 2004 18:45|