Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 17th July 2003, 10:03   #1
Dave Hawkins
Dear diary, what a day it's been...

Limiting factor to success!

Hi There

I have been lucky enough to help maybe 200 or more people with their Digiscoping queries through my job.

For an awful lot of people the limiting factor to success is NOT related to the obvious i.e. having the best scope but is MORE related to:

The ability to QUICKLY locate and easily follow a bird in the scope in the first place for which the only answer is ..... practice practice and more practice at aiming,finding and follwing birds in the scope. The longer the bird is in the eyepiece the more chance you have a getting the camera on board and a good shot.

The factors that increase the time the bird is in the camera are having a sturdy tripod, having a good head (twist grips are a nightmare!) and having an adaptor that goes on and off the eyepice quickly without the need to waggle it over lumps, bumps and rubber on the eyepiece.

Finally, I would urge all serious Digiscopers to discard their stay-on cases and straps, the the dangly bits on which act as wind socks and cause masses of vibration.

Dave Hawkins
Old Thursday 17th July 2003, 12:22   #2
Andy Bright
Administrator

Re: Limiting factor to success!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hawkins

Finally, I would urge all serious Digiscopers to discard their stay-on cases and straps, the the dangly bits on which act as wind socks and cause masses of vibration.
Dave Hawkins
Couldn't agree more with that.
Andy
BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
Click here to Support BirdForum
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: