• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From the sketchbook... (3 Viewers)

buzzard12

My fear of losing a sketchbook has resulted in me transfering them to the computer through digital camera.

Here are a few, Song Thrush from a few days ag, Grey Heron last week and Yellow Legged Gull from Galicia in Spain...

Attachments

• 00songthrush.jpg
    00songthrush.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 720
  • 00greyheron.jpg
    00greyheron.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 786
  • ooyellowleg.jpg
    ooyellowleg.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 664
buzzard12 said:
My fear of losing a sketchbook has resulted in me transfering them to the computer through digital camera.

Here are a few, Song Thrush from a few days ag, Grey Heron last week and Yellow Legged Gull from Galicia in Spain...
you have a great talent, i also would like to see more. regards stuart

Here you go guys...

Tufted Duck eclipse male, Greenshank and juv. Red Backed Shrike...

Attachments

• 00tuftie.jpg
    00tuftie.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 623
  • 00greenshank.jpg
    00greenshank.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 621
  • 00redback.jpg
    00redback.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 576
buzzard12 said:
Here you go guys...

Tufted Duck eclipse male, Greenshank and juv. Red Backed Shrike...
better and better [ if thats possible ] , your sketches have life in them, as i said before you have a rare talent , thank you for sharing , can we have some more please ?. regards stuart.

These are great, so far I like the Heron best. Would also love to see more.

Awesome, just amazing work. Wish I had the confidence to use pen - it's difficult not having that eraser to fall back on when everything goes horribly, horribly wrong!

Here are a few more so. I will post more sketches on this same thread in the near future as I get them rather than start a new thread each time...

Attachments

• red back sketch.jpg
    red back sketch.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 569
  • caspians.jpg
    caspians.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 505
  • gcgrebe.jpg
    gcgrebe.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 600
  • nuthatch.jpg
    nuthatch.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 619
Brilliant. Great job getting the shadows on the Shrike. And that Nuthatch is excellent -- loose and absolutely spot on.

Hawfinch and Goldcrest sketches...Oct 2006

Done over the last few days. Hawfinch and Goldcrests. Goldcrests done at home from fieldsketches with a bit more care...

Attachments

• Hawfinch Sketch.jpg
    Hawfinch Sketch.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Hawfinch sketch 1.jpg
    Hawfinch sketch 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 474
  • Goldcrests sketch.jpg
    Goldcrests sketch.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 588
Pencil Eider and Snipe

Female eider and snipe from 2 weeks ago also. Pencil this time, suited the subject better to use lead..

Attachments

• eider sketch.jpg
    eider sketch.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 465
  • snipe sketch.jpg
    snipe sketch.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 497
buzzard12 said:
Done over the last few days. Hawfinch and Goldcrests. Goldcrests done at home from fieldsketches with a bit more care...
Hi Buzzard - lovely group of recent work here. Particularly the godcrests - the lower bird is georgeous - the under-hanging pose is perfect (and sooo difficult to get right) - great linework. You really understand the anatomy of these birds - very well done.

Wow!!!!! Brilliant pics :t: You make it all look so effortless :cool:

They're ALL fabulous but that male Tufted Duck - I LOVE!!!!!!!!!! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back