• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Late Mallards (1 Viewer)

loucks

this is my first post on this site and I was hoping that someone could shed some light on a recent find i had. My wife and i bought an older house as is. This means that everything in the house from the previous owner was left for us to get rid of. I came across 8 prints of Les Kouba Artwork. They are all signed in pencil by the artist, and 2 of them say "To Dave". They are all stamped limited edition in ink over a raised stamp that says AWAG with a capital A and a duck in flight. All of them are maybe 18"X12".
all paintings have birds of some sort in them.
My question is are these rare?
are they worth anything?
What is AWAG?
The only one i brought to work was the "Late Mallards" one and i cant remember the names of the others. i will post the names of the others tomorrow.

Thanks for your time,

i did a lil research and came up with this link that might have some info for you:
http://www.gallerydirectart.com/dealer-gallery-of-fine-art-prints---posters-hadley-house-les-kouba.html?source=adwords&engine=adwords!500&keyword=%28Les+Kouba%29&match_type=&gclid=CP2Mou2gz4gCFSWaFQod-jgNAw

"About the Art: Les C. Kouba has left a legacy of artwork that has touched a generation of wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts. He has described himself as, “just a farm kid from Hutchinson.” From this farm kid have come rich experiences that have found their expression with a paint brush. “I only paint what I know,” says Kouba. “I always made it a point of turning every experience into a learning opportunity.” So true to life and precise in detail is his work that it is renowned for its authenticity. This artwork is as original as the artist himself."

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back