Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Wednesday 15th November 2006, 15:56   #1
loucks

Late Mallards

this is my first post on this site and I was hoping that someone could shed some light on a recent find i had. My wife and i bought an older house as is. This means that everything in the house from the previous owner was left for us to get rid of. I came across 8 prints of Les Kouba Artwork. They are all signed in pencil by the artist, and 2 of them say "To Dave". They are all stamped limited edition in ink over a raised stamp that says AWAG with a capital A and a duck in flight. All of them are maybe 18"X12".
all paintings have birds of some sort in them.
My question is are these rare?
are they worth anything?
What is AWAG?
The only one i brought to work was the "Late Mallards" one and i cant remember the names of the others. i will post the names of the others tomorrow.

Thanks for your time,
Old Wednesday 15th November 2006, 21:59   #2
John P
Usually on a different wavelength

Quote:
Originally Posted by loucks

My question is are these rare?
are they worth anything?
They're not likely to make you rich.

$20.00 on Ebay

$50.00 for an "Artists Proof"

Welcome to Birdforum.
Old Friday 17th November 2006, 23:52   #3
bettyann

i did a lil research and came up with this link that might have some info for you:
http://www.gallerydirectart.com/dealer-gallery-of-fine-art-prints---posters-hadley-house-les-kouba.html?source=adwords&engine=adwords!500&keywo rd=%28Les+Kouba%29&match_type=&gclid=CP2Mou2gz4gCF SWaFQod-jgNAw

"About the Art: Les C. Kouba has left a legacy of artwork that has touched a generation of wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts. He has described himself as, “just a farm kid from Hutchinson.” From this farm kid have come rich experiences that have found their expression with a paint brush. “I only paint what I know,” says Kouba. “I always made it a point of turning every experience into a learning opportunity.” So true to life and precise in detail is his work that it is renowned for its authenticity. This artwork is as original as the artist himself."

Last edited by bettyann : Friday 17th November 2006 at 23:54.
Old Wednesday 29th November 2006, 22:39   #4
Bec64

Hello Bettyann! It's Rebecca from Artpapa! Fancy seeing you here!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: