Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 19th March 2007, 18:04   #1
Bubbs

Binocular bargains

I had a look through the Nikon Action 8x40's a few days ago for my partner and they were excellent, with a wide FOV and very bright. Reduced from 119 to 49 and still available at Warehouse Express.
Old Sunday 25th March 2007, 19:01   #2
Bubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs
I had a look through the Nikon Action 8x40's a few days ago for my partner and they were excellent, with a wide FOV and very bright. Reduced from 119 to 49 and still available at Warehouse Express.
We walked Sutton Bank today and the view through my partners 49 pair of Nikons is stunning, and with a 10 year guarantee, what more can I/we say
Old Sunday 25th March 2007, 20:50   #3
rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs
We walked Sutton Bank today and the view through my partners 49 pair of Nikons is stunning, and with a 10 year guarantee, what more can I/we say
Just odered a pair of nikon actions for 49 myself from warehouse express, will be here tuesday ,seems like a good deal.
I was ready to order bushnell's from a guy on ebay then somebody put a thread up saying they were fake.

thanks for the tip

regards
rizla
Old Sunday 25th March 2007, 21:58   #4
stuart C smith
swansong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizla
Just odered a pair of nikon actions for 49 myself from warehouse express, will be here tuesday ,seems like a good deal.
I was ready to order bushnell's from a guy on ebay then somebody put a thread up saying they were fake.

thanks for the tip

regards
rizla
not all bushnells on uk ebay are fake, pos only the ones from the five sellers that [bushnell uk ltd identified] it was my [fake] post, glad it helped.
Old Tuesday 27th March 2007, 05:37   #5
talon_dfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart C smith
not all bushnells on uk ebay are fake, pos only the ones from the five sellers that [bushnell uk ltd identified] it was my [fake] post, glad it helped.
Can you post that link?
Old Sunday 20th May 2007, 01:31   #6
mrlimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart C smith View Post
[bushnell uk ltd identified].
Theres no such thing as far as i can find ?
Old Tuesday 29th May 2007, 17:42   #7
sinar

Hi,

I'm very new to birdwatching, and want to buy a cheap pair of binoculars to get me started, the Nikon actions seem great value,

Does anyone know if they would be suitable for someone who wear glasses?

Thanks,

Julie
Old Tuesday 29th May 2007, 19:07   #8
swalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinar View Post
Hi,

I'm very new to birdwatching, and want to buy a cheap pair of binoculars to get me started, the Nikon actions seem great value,

Does anyone know if they would be suitable for someone who wear glasses?

Thanks,

Julie
Julie,

The eye relief might be a bit short at 11.9mm. This means that you might loose a bit of the wide field of view. No harm in trying them out and sending them back if they dont suit you.

At around this price I could only find the Opticron 8x40 Aspherical ZWCF (66 www.tecno.co.uk) with better -14mm- eye relief.

BTW tecno also do the Actions (43) -

http://www.tecno.co.uk/Store/s43019/...s/details.aspx

Steve
Old Wednesday 30th May 2007, 17:23   #9
sinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker View Post
Julie,

The eye relief might be a bit short at 11.9mm. This means that you might loose a bit of the wide field of view. No harm in trying them out and sending them back if they dont suit you.

At around this price I could only find the Opticron 8x40 Aspherical ZWCF (66 www.tecno.co.uk) with better -14mm- eye relief.

BTW tecno also do the Actions (43) -

http://www.tecno.co.uk/Store/s43019/...s/details.aspx

Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve,

I've ordered the Actions from Tecno, they should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully they will be OK, if not I can always give them to my Dad as it's his birthday soon (he doesn't wear glasses).

Julie
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: