• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A cuckoo day in Thailand (1 Viewer)

Oregon John

United States
Hereabouts, the plaintive cuckoo is most common one, but a few days ago in large park outside Bangkok, I had a trifecta of sorts with just my 2nd sighting ever of a large hawk cuckoo, my first ever sighting of a male Asian emerald cuckoo, and my first ever sighting of a violet cuckoo. Although I saw more than 35 other species that day and the photos of the cuckoos weren't great, they are what made it quite a satisfying day.

P1150160.JPG

P1150135.JPG

P1150081.JPG

Last edited:
What a gem of a bird is Asian Emerald Cuckoo, truly living up to its name! The violet one is great, too, even though it hasn't fully moulted yet.

What a gem of a bird is Asian Emerald Cuckoo, truly living up to its name! The violet one is great, too, even though it hasn't fully moulted yet.
And the female's plumage, though different, is just as beautiful as the male's, I think.

Attachments

• P1140237.JPG
    P1140237.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back