• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few shots from the steppes (1 Viewer)

vladnatrix

Last weekend i had to attend a wedding in the capital city of Chisinau, but after that it was just birding and herping in the Prut and Raut valleys. And like allways, we also checked the lakes arround Comrat and Cimislia.
Managed to only photograph only a handfull of birds, but if you are interested in the local herps just check out the link to my blog.:eat:
We feel quite blessed that a pair of Black Redstarts (Phoenicurus ochruros) chose the Barn Swallow nest above the main door, and allowed closer observations of their behaivour.
codros.JPG
Then there was the pair of gorgeous Ruddy Shelducks (Tadorna ferruginea) just outside the city, raising seven offsprings, some of them pictured here among White Storks and Caspian Gulls (Larus cachinnans).
taf.fer.JPG
The best bird was a lifer Temminck's Stint (Calidris temminckii), that fellow forum members determined for us and to whom we are very grateful.
fugaci pitic.JPG

We also rescued a few hundred:eek!: amphibians trapped in abandoned wells:
pel.JPG
pel fus.JPG

http://fieldherpingromania.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/moldova-12-18-07-2013/

Thanks for reading.Cheers!
Vlad

Thanks for writing! :)

I happend to be in Moldova just a week before, we went out for a weekend to the Northwest (padurea domneasca). Best birds for me were Booted Eagle and Long-tailed Buzzard.

Cheers, Florian

Cool, we also stopped by Padurea Domneasca and saw a Booted Eagle and a Honey Buzzard.
I presume that you saw the rare Long-legged Buzzard and not a Long-tailed Buzzard.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back