• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A wander around the Shetland Isles, Scotland (not rarities - lots of photos). (1 Viewer)

A wonderful report Andrea. If you get back you really would love Fetlar (we had booked for a weekend and stayed nearly a week!! I didn't want to leave LOL)

I'll definitely be going to Fetlar next time Delia......if I can tear myself away from Hermaness that is.

Very interesting report, Andrea. Never visited these islands. Mull & Skye are the only ones we've stayed on. But what wonderful photos!! Absolutely brilliant - the subjects, focus, clarity. Perhaps you're a professional photographer. I've given up photographing nature, as that or birding had to give - birding won! Thanks for your interesting posts.

No, definitely not a professional photographer Sandra though I do have some kit of professional standard which helps me out somewhat when my technique sometimes gets a bit wobbly. Shetland is not mountainous like Mull and Skye, although it does have quite a lot of moorland, but it also has a very long and spectacular coastline.

Thank you all for the comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back