• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter type sought - CANNOT fit to eye piece? (1 Viewer)

bugbear

A long time ago, I bought a digiscope adapter, of this style:
adap.jpg

Last week, I bought this Mirador spotting scope;

Sadly, my digiscope adapter is designed to clamp onto a large eyepiece, either with a separate focuser (common in an astro scope) or with "in body" focusing as seen in many birding scopes.

It certainly won't fit my Mirador, the clamp would be obstructed by the focusing and zoom rings.

So - are there digiscope adapters that will fit my Mirador?

EDIT; I should add, my camera(s) are not DSLRs, they're of the compact type (Canon A630, Canon A650, Panasonic/Lumix DMC-TZ8),

BugBear

Last edited:
OK; turns out the adapter doesn't really matter. Messing around handheld, I found that none of my "good" cameras can get close enough in (is this "eye relief"?) to actually get a full screen image.

The only one that will is a Nikon Coolpix 2200 I bought for £1 "just because" at a car boot sale.

It has no manual controls, and a 2 Mpix sensor.😞

BugBear

There may be hope - my smartphone (Motorola G7) gets a good view. Handholding it in place is V difficult though.

This is just a shot out of my kitchen window of a (old, tatty) ornamental flowering cherry.

Wide angle for context, view through scope, 100% crop of scope shot.

wide.jpgscope_whole.jpgscope_crop.jpg

This looks promising.

BugBear

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back