• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alarming number of Palm Warblers in Chicago this fall (1 Viewer)

damong

Posting to note that I am a little stunned by the total ubiquitousness of Palm Warblers in Chicago already. There are a large number of them just in my (not that close to water, fairly dense, not forest-y) neighborhood of Bridgeport. They are behaving like Sparrows. Even mixing with the Sparrows to an extent.
In the past, I've seen plenty of Palm Warblers at select locations in the city - i.e Bird Sanctuaries or Parks near the water. Not in backyards and on concrete like this year. I'd like to hear from other Chicago birders on this forum as to whether or not they have noticed the same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back