• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amur Falcons going through India at the moment (1 Viewer)

supershnoo

India
Amur Falcons travel from Russia/China to Southern Africa. We've had some wonderful images of them going through North East India where there have been substantial conservation efforts to welcome them. Over the last week, they have been spotted in West coast of India (where I live). Here's an image of the migratory path of a male that was tagged in 2019 by Indian scientists. I am hoping to see one in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 3.10.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 3.10.06 PM.png
    744.4 KB · Views: 12
I have yet to spot one. Among the migratory birds, I spotted a Eurasian Hobby, a European roller and a Curlew a couple days ago.

Attachments

• DSCN5253.JPG
    DSCN5253.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
I have yet to spot one. Among the migratory birds, I spotted a Eurasian Hobby, a European roller and a Curlew a couple days ago.
If you are in Goa, then the pylons and wires in the paddy fields viewed from the 'bridge' from the Siolim/Mapusa road turning left to Gaunsa Vaddo. This is where I live for some months in the good times. Anyway, because I was here regularly all this land on both sides of the 'bridge' can be pretty excellent. Most noteworthy that I remember were Grey Headed Lapwing.....also great for Snipe, Brown Shrike.....well,on and on.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back