• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anhinga rufa chantrei (Oustalet, 1882) (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

Anhinga rufa chantrei (Oustalet, 1882) OD here
Enfin, apès avoir minutieusement comparé les Anhingas, adultes et jeunes, tués par M. Chantre aux environs d'Antioche, d'une part avec les Anhingas africaines (Plotus Levaillantii Licht.), ...

The Eponym Dictionary of Birds claims:
African Darter ssp Anhinga rufa chantrei Oustalet, 1882
Ernest Chantre (1843–1924) was a French geologist, archaeologist and anthropologist in the Middle East (1890–1894). He became Assistant Director, Museum of Lyon (1871) and was and was Professor of Anthropology (1908–1924). He excavated the first Sumerian cuneiform tablets in Turkey (1892–1893).

The Key to Scientific Names
Ernest Chantre (1843-1924) French geologist, anthropologist in the Middle East 1890-1894 (‡subsp. Anhinga rufa).

Wikipedia has him as well as Ernest Chantre.

Here p. 52 of 266 as Benoit ??? Paul Ernest Chantre (Cote 2E1393) Guillotière (La)
More exact here p. 9 of 211 Benoit Jean Paul Ernest Chantre (Cote 2E1379).

I did not check yet his death in Écully. Feel free to correct me if I read something wrong.

ADMR - ECULLY Décès 1924 Collection départementale - 4E13911 - page 13/16​

24 November 1924 (Monday) - Fontville, Écully,69130,Rhône,Rhône-Alpes,France, aged 81 years old

Décès à 13h en son domicile d'Ecully, chemin de Fontville...Chevalier de la légion d'honneur, correspondant de l'Institut de France (Académie des Inscriptions et Belles lettres), en charge des cours d'anthropologie à l'Université, Directeur honoraire du Muséum de Lyon, président de la société d'Anthropologie de Lyon

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back