• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another small passerine, Bath, England (3 Viewers)

Charlie Spencer

United States
Sydney Gardens, a park with open grassy areas, a few isolated trees, and many trees with substantial shrubs around them. May 27th, around 0900. Clear and warm, around 20C / 70F.

Small bird, a uniform gray on all body parts visible in the photos; darker gray legs and a bill suited to an insectivore. There's an irregular dark area on one side of the belly but it looks more like ruffled feathers or molt than an actual marking. It hung out in the shrubs just long enough for me to get a couple of shots, then left the immediate area.

I've checked my RSPB pocket guide repeatedly but I haven't found a possible match. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• DSC06976.JPG
    DSC06976.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • DSC06977.JPG
    DSC06977.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back