• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone bird the Gilbert Riparian (1 Viewer)

B Howe

Is there anyone else on this forum that birds the Gilbert Riparian? Living in Mesa I go here all the time and I have taken over 200 different birds photograph here. Its a little slow in the HOT summer. 8-P But it is very active in the winter. :t: :t:

Hi Bernard

I'm by no means a regular but I make it there maybe once or twice a year, whenever I'm in Phoenix and have a spare hour or two (or I have clients that want to bird Phoenix). It's one of the best birding sites in Arizona, in my opinion. There's always something...

I've visited last time I was in Arizona in October 2006 and it was really first class. I'm returning this year to the SE US and have sceheduled a far longer visit!

I used to bird there all the time when I lived in Phoenix 2009-2010. In fact I was lucky enough to find the Baikal Teal there in early December 2010 - Arizona's first record of this species.

You can read about it at my blog www.sandiegobirding.com, click on the link to Baikal Teal under the banner image.

It is a great location and worth checking regularly.

Gary Nunn
San Diego

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back