• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

APM Super Zoom vs. Baader Zoom (1 Viewer)

DRodrigues

The APM zoom was waited for long time by the astro community and I was hoping that would be possible to reach focus on my Optolyth 100 - unfortunately it's not possible to reach focus neither with the Optolyth, neither with the Pentax PF100...
However, is interesting for those birding with astro-telescopes that like wide AFOV zooms.
The photo show a TMB92 with an Improved Omegon Pro erector and the screw eye-cup from a Baader Morpheus - a "compact" wide AFOV solution for birding!...
wink.gif

More at CN

Attachments

• APM_Zoom_TMB92_Omegon_transf.JPG
    APM_Zoom_TMB92_Omegon_transf.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 40
Just remembered, that it's based on a APM spotting scope ep, that still isn't available, but will improve the APM scopes interest.
Also interesting is that the APM scopes use a bayonet system compatible with Swarovski A/STS scopes, so this ep can be interesting for users that still have the original zoom version and want to update to a wide zoom! On the A/STS it will result on a 30 to 60x - some will prefer others not...

Last edited:
I forgot to update that the APM zoom with the 2.25x barlow Baader Hyperion result on a 2.46-2.43x increase, resulting on a 6.3-3.2mm zoom, needing less 24mm of infocus and reaching focus on my Optolyth 100!...:cool:
Can be used as a high-power zoom - result on a 100-197x zoom...o_O Well more usable than a Pentax XW5, with wider FOV (and not so much reduced AFOV...) and can reach higher mags - one of these days I have to test if there is a real gain in resolution...

Attachments

• APM_SZoom_Baader2.25x.JPG
    APM_SZoom_Baader2.25x.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 13
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back