• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Astro Eyepieces for Opticron (1 Viewer)

Certainly not for the more modern Opticron scopes. The newer Baader 8-24mm zoom, mark 4 was designed to fit some spotting scopes. It comes with a screw in tread adapter, was designed with more in focus and has a tube and sleeve round the lower lens part that makes it thinner to fit.

When I tried this with a 60mm MM4ed the eyepiece was still 0.1-0.2mm too fat to fit… it hits the screw thread in the bottom of the eyepiece hole on the scope. So close, but not quite. It might be that other Opticron scopes might fit better, but I am not sure it’s worth buying the eyepiece to test, though it is a well thought of model that performs well.

Peter

Not directly.
With some adaptors yes, if you use astro eps where is possible to remove the 1.25" or 2" barrel, without the lenses being loosed...
Like this, I can reach focus of a Masuyama 2" 32mm 85º AFOV on a ES100 - I'm waiting for some adapters to measure the field obtained...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back