• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

himandher7781

United Kingdom
Sorry it's taken a while to post anything beyond my initial "just joined" post but with lockdown and all..... Anyways, me and the better half ventured south into North Yorkshire last weekend to the amazing RSPB Bempton Cliffs. Some lovely sights. The resident Barn Owl was active from the nesting box beyond the nature trail (unfortunately too far aware even for my 600mm equivalent lens. Did see some Redpolls passing over (again no pics). However, did get the attached images of the Meadow Pipits in the ploughed fields near the farthest north viewpoint (forget what its called). Lovely day out and will definately be going back again

Attachments

• Meadow-Pipit-1.jpg
    Meadow-Pipit-1.jpg
    859.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Meadow Pipit-2.jpg
    Meadow Pipit-2.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 4
It can be good to go a little further South to get to Flamborough Head, there is a bit more habitat there than at Bempton so a bigger range of birds are possible. However the entire coast from Whitby to the Humber is great birding country

It can be good to go a little further South to get to Flamborough Head, there is a bit more habitat there than at Bempton so a bigger range of birds are possible. However the entire coast from Whitby to the Humber is great birding country
Thanks for the tip about Flamborough. I'll definately check it out. I hear Danes Dyke and the North Landing can be quite good for migrants

South Landing is slightly better than North Landing for a birder - check out the Opus pages for Flamborough Head. A tip if you go whichever place you visit first get the all day all sites parking ticket, it allows you to move between Flamborough Head and South Landing as you want on the day without having to pay again. Great value.
The Flamborough Head Observatory website has a good map of the area to help you work out the hot spots etc.

South Landing is slightly better than North Landing for a birder - check out the Opus pages for Flamborough Head. A tip if you go whichever place you visit first get the all day all sites parking ticket, it allows you to move between Flamborough Head and South Landing as you want on the day without having to pay again. Great value.
The Flamborough Head Observatory website has a good map of the area to help you work out the hot spots etc.
Nice one Keith. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back