• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID Portugal Tagus Estuary Nature Reserve (1 Viewer)

manwa47

Germany
Dear birders,

please identify those two birds.
One photo probably shows a Common buzzard, the long neck looked a bit confusing to me.
The second photo is a collage, must be some duck or goose.

Thank you!

Best regards
Manuel

Attachments

• bird portugal.jpg
    bird portugal.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 133
  • raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 129
Hello Manuel,

do you have more pictures of the first bird?

At first, I was buffled and got a strange cartoon like Vulture jizz too, but the feet seems strange. And the bulge on the neck gave this bird a Cormorant jizz too. And after looking at the pictures several times now, I think Tom is right: both birds are Cormorant for me too.

Thanks Tom! Because the buffled surprise "whats that?" feeling was renewed everytime I saw these pictures. Clearly no offence you know.
And I considered several possibilities that came into my mind:
(Is the upper bird an Egyptian Goose and your mystery bird a Muscovy duck hybrid??? Because the bulge on the breast reminds me of some abnormal shape sometimes found in domestic wildfowl. And I even thought of an immature Gull)

Conclusion? As said, I think both are Cormorants. But I still hope for more pictures and comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back