• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird of Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Stan95100

Supporter
Hello everyone.
In February, in Costa Rica, in the La Gamba Biological Reserve "régions Puntarenas".
A species of tyrannid that I can't really find in the paper guide used on site.
A little help would be appreciated with my thanks.
Cordially.
Stan
(For size comparison with a House Wren Troglodytes aedon)

Bonjour à toutes et à tous.

Au mois de février, au Costa Rica, dans la réserve biologique de La Gamba "régions Puntarenas".

Une espèce de tyrannidé que je ne retrouve pas vraiment dans le guide papier utilisé sur place.

Un peu d'aide serait la bienvenue avec mes remerciements.

Cordialement.

Stan

(Pour comparaison de taille avec un Troglodyte familier Troglodytes aedon).

Attachments

• 244A1793 Moucherolle - - .jpg
    244A1793 Moucherolle - - .jpg
    711 KB · Views: 52
  • 244A1796 pour comparaison de taille.jpg
    244A1796 pour comparaison de taille.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
I think this is a good suggestion (I had none), but are we sure the bill is correct especially pattern around the gape
Does look odd, I agree. Feature of a bird of this age perhaps? Transitioning from a paler juvenile bill with the last remaining hint of a gape line?

Hello everyone and thank you for this collegial response. It gives me a good orientation. Thanks again. Cordially . Stan

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back