• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Nice France (3 Viewers)

Hey everyone. This might be a bit late but I am going to nice tommorow and I am looking for a good bird spotting location near nice/monaco as I am staying here for 3 days. I am looking for things I wouldn't see in the uk often or at all.
Many thanks matthew

Haven't done much birding in southern France, but did go with my niece to Nice. It was nice but could have been nicer. The Var estuary is probably the nice- sorry, best birding spot locally. Has a variety of wetland birds et.

Back in the day when WP listers were duped by the French Committee that some lovebirds were self-sustaining - I kid you not - I suspect a practical joke that went wrong like the Nanday Parakeets in Israel - I birded the Var Estuary and Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. I would recommend both but certainly parking at the latter was a nightmare. It can only have got worse in the intervening years....

Have fun

All the best

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back