• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birds of rogen sweden (1 Viewer)

john a123

hiya I'm off to rogen national park Sweden for a canoeing/camping trip begin off June be grateful if any of you good folk could tell me what birds could expect to see. thanks john

Never been in that area, but I did a search in the Swedish report database for birds reported from there in June last year... here it is.

Hope it helps! :)

thanks Enji

thanks for your help only glimpsed slovenian grebe on loch VA in the Scottish highlands .never seen ring necked duck so looking forward to watching both i hope thanks again enji .john

Just spotted this post now. I saw that you had plans for visiting Rogen, the lake and the National Reserve of the area. Rogen is also on the list of future National Parks.

I saw that you mentioned Slovenian Grebe and Ring-Necked Duck. Slovenian Grebe, although quite common in Sweden, are not found at Rogen. Ring-Necked Duck is a rarity, we have had one in Sweden sofar this year.

At Rogen you can expect Siberian Jay, Parrot Crossbill, Siberian Tit and Capercaillie amongst other species.

I guess the most likely raptors at Rogen would be Osprey, Common Cestrel and Merlin. Species to look out for would be Golden Eagle and Gyr Falcon, the latter is rare but possible if you go up into the mountains.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back