• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birmingham City Centre (2 Viewers)

They seem to have taken over the city centre centre. See/hear them alll along Newhall Street, Summer row and along the canal. I wonder if they're getting quite successful in the city centre?

There seem to be goldfinches everywhere in the area - I hear them when I leave my home in Moseley and when I get to my job in Tipton!

...and had an unusual sighting today of a dead female Pheasant on Fazeley Street. I can only imagine either some person's dropped their game pie filling or the Peregrines have been commuting out of town and being lazy en route back with their spoils!?
I took a photo of a dead pheasant yesterday just off the canal by the old bmw garage near the jq

Attachments

• 20210404_181902.jpg
    20210404_181902.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 7
This was taken at Canon Hill Park 17 11 2018 just noticed what looks like a Bar Headed Goose among the Canada Goose anyone help and confirm please?
The bird is virtually in the middle at the front
CANADA GOOSE - CANON HILL PARK SWAN POOL 17 11 2018 (51).JPG

NE of the City Centre whilst checking the Tame at Spaghetti junction last weekend; Kestrel briefly overhead, it would have been next to the motorway. No surprise to see a Cormorant flying over, probably following the canal.

Just over a month ago I saw a pair of Peregrines on the BT Tower whilst waiting on the platform of Snow Hill station. So must be a good sign of nesting.
I'll keep a look out. On a walk around the city centre I was surprised by the number of juvinile gulls about. I assume they can't fly yet. Possibly make a nice snack for a Peregrine or two;)

A bike ride to the Bham City Centre for the Peregrine on the BT Tower. They soared overhead around the tower. One caught a pigeon. (Total of 8 Bham Peregrine seen & 2 at Halesowen)

Last week a bike ride to Bham city centre,
2 Peregrine on the BT Tower, both flew out & had prey. 7 Bham Peregrine seen in the week.

A rather tame drake Garganey frequenting Cannon Hill Park - probably the same bird which has been on Witton Lakes, Brookvale Park and similar bodies of water in recent times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back