• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackdown (3 Viewers)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Very nice morning at Blackdown today. Great Grey Shrike, showed pretty well throughout, also good views of Woodlark and Crossbill. Plenty of other species seen and heard including Brambling. Marsh Tit and Lesser Redpoll. Many more pics of some of the above on the blog at the link

559A1944.JPG

559A2665.JPG

Re the dog signs Paul, bigger won't make any difference with the self entitled walkers around here. My partner lives near Haslemere and we regularly do Blackdown, Witley, Roborough and Frensham commons and its the same issue everywhere. In fact my brother worked as a ranger covering Frensham for a while and would be met with a mouthful of self entitled abuse should he point out the request to have dogs on leads.

Re the dog signs Paul, bigger won't make any difference with the self entitled walkers around here. My partner lives near Haslemere and we regularly do Blackdown, Witley, Roborough and Frensham commons and its the same issue everywhere. In fact my brother worked as a ranger covering Frensham for a while and would be met with a mouthful of self entitled abuse should he point out the request to have dogs on leads.
Yes, I've given up talking to em in general!! Had a few arguments in my time. To be fair all the dogs were reasonably behaved, but of course were running in and out of the Heather constantly which will be detrimental to the ground nesters over the next couple of months, Then the problem of the pesticides in the flea treatments contaminating the water to the detriment of the aquatic life. The RSPB have the right idea, no dogs allowed!! It's pretty depressing!!! Another in the long list of things, government fails to legislate properly!! Though lack of enforcement will always be a problem as well!!!

Very nice morning at Blackdown today. Great Grey Shrike, showed pretty well throughout, also good views of Woodlark and Crossbill. Plenty of other species seen and heard including Brambling. Marsh Tit and Lesser Redpoll. Many more pics of some of the above on the blog at the link

View attachment 1563746

View attachment 1563747
Great blog Paul (y), this new? breed of self important, supremely entitled being is one of the main reasons we moved out of towns into the country! They're everywhere now sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back