• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brabant Netherlands - Green or Common Sandpiper, not Greenshank...? (1 Viewer)

Bertus

Netherlands
Today, open area with several lakes. A pair, but far away. On an info board I read that Common Sandpiper is seen freguently but on waarneming.nl I find also obs of Common Greenshank in the area. If I have to judge myself I would say Green Sandpiper because of the white stripe over eye and the more dark feathers/backside. Tnx for advice.....

Attachments

• DSC09698 copy.JPG
    DSC09698 copy.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC09701 copy.JPG
    DSC09701 copy.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 39
Hello Bertus,

no you can trust your identification, both are Green Sandpipers for me too.

Yes, info boards are really good, they can provide information about the place, general nature topics and are helpful to tourists, nature lovers, birders, kids and their parents, ... =for nearly everyone. Yes, I love them. But please note, that they can only provide a rough a d General Information About Birds that are present. Its a long time ago, that there were boards and books, with recent observations. But I have seen boards with QR codes, that link to recent observations from ornitho and other sites.

edit: expanded my thoughts, I hope better now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back