• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil - Regua near RJ - 1 (1 Viewer)

opisska

rabid twitcher
Czech Republic
In a remote corner of my hard drive, I found a collection of bird pictures from last July that I have completely forgotten about. Being a little rusty on South American birds, pardon me for obvious misIDs. All from REGUA, a swampy mildly forested area close to sea level near Rio.

1. Creamy-bellied thrush? Seems to be the only one in range which consistently lacks any remarkable features - or it could be female/juvenile of some other?

2. I can't do humminbirds ....

3. I was ready to scrap this one, but it has a pretty striking bill shape (like antpipits) - or it is just the angle?

4. This is a typical case of "run the whole book there and back, did not even probably guess a family correctly". Is it one of the small forest furnariids?

5. What is this - Eared dove without the "ear"?

Attachments

• _y1.jpg
    _y1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 25
  • _y2.jpg
    _y2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 26
  • _y3.jpg
    _y3.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 26
  • _y4.jpg
    _y4.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 23
  • _y5.jpg
    _y5.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 22
1) C.-b. Thrush,
2) perhaps Black-throated Mango
3) A Becard, perhaps Black-capped
4) Crested Becards
5) Eared Dove, perhaps an immature

Thanks! The Becards are superinteresting, it would be my first venture into this whole family ever - and with two species at once!

Also adding another shot of #3, perhaps better for species ID once I know what to look for - shows the cap.

Attachments

• _z6.jpg
    _z6.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 25
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back