• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown magpies (1 Viewer)

Mixxy

United Kingdom
I’ve found my new best friends a pair of brown magpies, nesting in a tree on my school run.. I’ve always seen just one maybe once a year but now I get to see two nearly every other day.

Attachments

• ABCB8921-2FA0-45AE-BE60-9FD2072CAAEC.jpeg
    ABCB8921-2FA0-45AE-BE60-9FD2072CAAEC.jpeg
    718.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 5FC2047A-FC27-4D26-A793-83AF10A8D733.jpeg
    5FC2047A-FC27-4D26-A793-83AF10A8D733.jpeg
    758.1 KB · Views: 15
  • E326ACAE-31B5-434E-92DF-5FA46FDDD406.jpeg
    E326ACAE-31B5-434E-92DF-5FA46FDDD406.jpeg
    718.7 KB · Views: 15
Hi Mixxy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You have a pair of Jays and you can read more about them in our Opus article here: Eurasian Jay - BirdForum Opus

You're rather lucky, as they're very scarce where I live (I'm lucky if I catch sight of a disappearing white rump LOL), They very shy of people round here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

Those are jays. They are lovely birds. We get them in our garden and currently there’s a juvenile with its parents.

Hi Mixxy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

You have a pair of Jays and you can read more about them in our Opus article here: Eurasian Jay - BirdForum Opus

You're rather lucky, as they're very scarce where I live (I'm lucky if I catch sight of a disappearing white rump LOL), They very shy of people round here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you I will keep you posted on when I see them.. they do makes me feel good to see them

Hi there Mixxy and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back