• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown woodland warbler (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello all.

got his shot back in March 2022 in Shaffa mountain, a friend in a local birding club told me it could be the brown woodland warbler, i thought it just a chiffchaff with more warm plumage, what do you think.

yesterday i uploaded a clear shot of the Brown woodland wabler.

thanks in advanced

I don't have much knowledge on BWW but I feel like I can safely say this isn't one. BWW shows much warmer brown upperparts very strongly contrasting bright green edges to wing feathers, as well as a more striking face pattern and pale lower mandible. Your bird should be a Common Chiffchaff.

I don't have much knowledge on BWW but I feel like I can safely say this isn't one. BWW shows much warmer brown upperparts very strongly contrasting bright green edges to wing feathers, as well as a more striking face pattern and pale lower mandible. Your bird should be a Common Chiffchaff.
Surely not a Common Chiffchaff at this location in early August. The combination of bright yellow-green fringes to wings and tail contrasting with brown upperparts + rather uniform dirty underparts look good for Brown Woodland Warbler, as does structure; rather compact; 'neckless' and short-tailed. Bill colour/pattern is fine as are rather blue-grey legs.

https://ebird.org/species/brwwar1?siteLanguage=en_GB

Grahame

Surely not a Common Chiffchaff at this location in early August. The combination of bright yellow-green fringes to wings and tail contrasting with brown upperparts + rather uniform dirty underparts look good for Brown Woodland Warbler, as does structure; rather compact; 'neckless' and short-tailed. Bill colour/pattern is fine as are rather blue-grey legs.

https://ebird.org/species/brwwar1?siteLanguage=en_GB

Grahame
Graham there are two the one in the link which was taken on March 2022 and that what i am asking about.

this one.

Graham there are two the one in the link which was taken on March 2022 and that what i am asking about.

this one.
OK, silly me and apologies to kuzeycem who obviously read your post correctly!

The March bird is clearly a Common Chiffchaff.

In future, I should refrain from posting while watching the football!

Grahame

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back