• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cairngorms - September (1 Viewer)

Robinroe

United Kingdom
Good evening fellow birders,

I am doing my annual visit to the Cairngorms in September and am looking for any little gems to visit birding wise?

I am staying at Nethybridge and am looking at places within an hour or so drive.

I have already done all the village walks through Dell woods, and it was as dead as a dodo for wildlife every time , am I missing something?
I have already and will again be spending a day in the Findhorn valley. I have visited the nature reserve behind the youth hostel in Aviemore, RSPB Ruthven , and the place where the Coal tits land on your hand ( I forget the name). Also the nature reserve in Grantown on spey and the Insh marshes, although not sure I saw the best of that.

I will be on my own so mountains are out unless they are easy to climb with proper paths.

One place I was interested in but didn't go to last year as it was tipping it down was Glen Affric , is it worth a visit?

Thanks in advance

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back