• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact Camera Suggestions? Upgrading from Canon PowerShot SX720 HS (1 Viewer)

A massive thank you to all for all your thoughts and advice. Bought one earlier in the week, dialed in a few recommended wildlife friendly settings (including BIF) and pretty much blown away by initial results! The step up from the SX50 is a huge one in just about every aspect and totally looking forward to getting out in the field to give it a good hammering. No doubt I will have further questions as I delve deeper into the menus and finally get round to asking how to get rid of the irritating viewfinder 'spirit level' affair on start up...šŸ¤”

Thanks once again,

Andy.

thats amazing! really looking forward to seeing the first posts! please try and remember to bump this thread when you do so we can see :D

A massive thank you to all for all your thoughts and advice. Bought one earlier in the week, dialed in a few recommended wildlife friendly settings (including BIF) and pretty much blown away by initial results! The step up from the SX50 is a huge one in just about every aspect and totally looking forward to getting out in the field to give it a good hammering. No doubt I will have further questions as I delve deeper into the menus and finally get round to asking how to get rid of the irritating viewfinder 'spirit level' affair on start up...šŸ¤”

Thanks once again,

Andy.
Andy, I'm sure you'll love the Sony. On the back of the camera, the circular selector has DISP at the top. With the camera on, toggle that until you get the display that suits you.

I recommend Steve Ingraham's online booklet to help you manage the settings.

Thank you. Referenced prior to and after purchase. Essential settings dialed in but still plenty of questions to be answered and I can see this getting plenty of return visits. šŸ˜‰

Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back