• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do you leave feeders up while on vacation? (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I live in Florida and have 14 feeders in my yard for my backyard birds.
We are going to Maine on vacation in September for 6 days and with the wild storms we tend to get here in Florida during that time I’m wondering if I should take my feeders down.
I have house finches, cardinals, wrens, blue jays, woodpeckers, doves, titmice, and just recently way too many house sparrows.
I’m concerned my regulars won’t return, although I’d like the house sparrows to hit the road!
Any advice is appreciated!
Michele

Welcome to Birdforum.

Yes, we leave feeders up when we’re on holiday. If you are concerned about storm damage, then take them down and put them back up when you return. The birds will soon find them again.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back