• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does the Manfrotto 501-PL plate fit a Gitzo G2380 fluid head? (1 Viewer)

Saxatilis

Hello everyone

I was just offered a Gitzo G2380 fluid head lacking its original plate, the GS5370MC: so I was wondering if the Manfrotto 501-PL plate can fit the G2380 without fixation/coupling problems or not. Anyone of the owners of the Gitzo G2380 head has experience of this? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I was just offered a Gitzo G2380 fluid head lacking its original plate, the GS5370MC: so I was wondering if the Manfrotto 501-PL plate can fit the G2380 without fixation/coupling problems or not. Anyone of the owners of the Gitzo G2380 head has experience of this? Many thanks!
I haven't been on the forum for a while, so sorry for this late reply and maybe you've already got this sorted, but the answer is yes, those plates are the same overall standard. Also, Sirui makes some plates that fit, though they may not work exactly right with safety tabs/stops etc depending on the particular head.

--AP

I haven't been on the forum for a while, so sorry for this late reply and maybe you've already got this sorted, but the answer is yes, those plates are the same overall standard. Also, Sirui makes some plates that fit, though they may not work exactly right with safety tabs/stops etc depending on the particular head.

--AP
Many thanks Alexis.
These days here in my city, I am dealing with the purchase of a head Gitzo G2380 like new and unused, so I wanted to know.
Initially the seller did not find the original GS5370MC plate supplied with the head, then he found it, but this information about the Manfrotto 501-PL interests me anyway.
I’ll keep you updated on development, regards

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back