• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dove love (2 Viewers)

Hello my name is Karen and new to the Dove world but I love them ever since watching a pair builder nest in our garage. I didn't really know where to post this and I can't seem to get an answer from anybody but the two babies are now way over 3 weeks old and will not leave the nest The parents however are around the house but they're just way too comfortable Will they ever leave

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I think doves (I’m not sure which dove you are referring to) usually fledge between 14 and 19 days.

Hi sunflowerstrip and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Mourning Doves normally fledge around 2 weeks, but it could be another week to 10 days. The parents would normally try to encourage them to get out of the nest by teasing them with food and gradually reducing the number of feeding visits. Once they have left the nest, they rely on the parents for another week or so. You can read more about them in our Opus article: Mourning Dove - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Well that certainly is good news thank you. They have been a real pleasure to watch and I will surely miss them when they are gone. Thank you so much for your response

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome. Well since my last post the mother Dove had they two more eggs hatch them and now when child is missing and they are on a panic search for them and the other one is around the corner and some brush but she is redoing her nest for the third batch such fun

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome. Well since my last post the mother Dove had they two more eggs hatch them and now when child is missing and they are on a panic search for them and the other one is around the corner and some brush but she is redoing her nest for the third batch such fun

It must be such a joy to watch this behavior going on with the doves. I wonder if they've set a goal for this season's fledglings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back