• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ducks & gull, Wismar, North Germany (1 Viewer)

spocki

Hi,

I need some help, please. The first duck was on a freshwater lake in the south of Wismar, the other to photos were taken on the island of Poel (Baltic sea near Wismar).
The gull I think is either Lesser or Great Black-Backed, but I don't know how to tell the difference.

Thanks,
Kristina

duck 2.JPGduck 1.JPGgull.JPG

I'd say:
greater scaup (female)
common teal (male, female just on the left, eurasian wigeons and shelducks in the background, curlew in the front left part of the picture)
GBB gull. bulky, really dark, white head, too much white at the end of the primaries and tertials exposed.
cheers

I'd say:
greater scaup (female)
common teal (male, female just on the left, eurasian wigeons and shelducks in the background, curlew in the front left part of the picture)
GBB gull. bulky, really dark, white head, too much white at the end of the primaries and tertials exposed.
cheers
Thanks a lot!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back