• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ebird down time announced (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Most if not all online ebird services will be down 6am ET March 19 until 6am ET March 21: This is due to a massive move of services to a different system of servers.
Niels

I'm hoping they'll fix whatever makes the 'other photographs' and sound recordings load so slowly on the species pages (on a fast fibre broadband connection). Notebook users may mock, but I'm going to feel a distinct sense of being cut off from the world if I go birding between 19-21 March!

I just returned from Malaysia with some ~50 new species. I downloaded the photos. And I find out eBird is down for 2 days 🤦‍♂️ I'm used to it when it comes to identification. It's a good tool to estimate species frequency in a hotspot.

I just returned from Malaysia with some ~50 new species. I downloaded the photos. And I find out eBird is down for 2 days 🤦‍♂️ I'm used to it when it comes to identification. It's a good tool to estimate species frequency in a hotspot.
So you will need to rely on the printed field guide or downloaded app such as Merlin until they come back on. :)
Niels

Anyone finding the upgrade isn't fully functional yet? I added a checklist on the mobile app this afternoon, logged onto the website (with some difficulty) to add some photos. The list is shown and can open up for editing species, but I get a page with an 'error retrieving species names' message when I click on the 'add media' button.

Not tried yet. Ebird does report the transfer completed:
Niels

Anyone finding the upgrade isn't fully functional yet? I added a checklist on the mobile app this afternoon, logged onto the website (with some difficulty) to add some photos. The list is shown and can open up for editing species, but I get a page with an 'error retrieving species names' message when I click on the 'add media' button.
This function is working for me now too - ever since they reported the upgrade as complete on their home page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back