• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

El 10x42 - objective lens "colour" (1 Viewer)

Esteban_L

Switzerland
Hello,

I noticed recently that the light was not reflecting with the same colour on the left and right objective lens of my EL 10X42. The right side is a lot more purple than the left.

I'm posting below a picture to illustrate that.

Has anyone encountered that before and should I get worried?

Screenshot 2023-05-01 224707.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards

Esteban

Hello,

No, don't worry, if you look closely, this happens with many binoculars, I have a Leica Noctivid 8.42 and a Swarovski SLC 15x56 where it is noticeable.
No impairment of the view, enjoy the binocular.;)

Andreas

P.S. Welcome on Birdforum...:)

Hello,

No, don't worry, if you look closely, this happens with many binoculars, I have a Leica Noctivid 8.42 and a Swarovski SLC 15x56 where it is noticeable.
No impairment of the view, enjoy the binocular.;)

Andreas

P.S. Welcome on Birdforum...:)
Thanks for your answer and your welcome! What is causing this difference then?

Very slight differences in the thicknesses of the coating layers.

Different batches of objectives usually.

But this doesn't affect the view.

Regards,
B.

What is causing this difference then?
Actually, the technicians in the lens installation should make sure that the lenses are as similar in color as possible, sometimes it just doesn't fit, different batches or the technician doesn't look 100% exactly , but there are optically zero differences for the user.

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back