• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyeskey Diamond ED 8x42 (2 Viewers)

I got the Eyeskey Diamond HD delivered a couple of weeks ago and have been using and comparing them to get a good feel for them.

First up, they come very nicely packaged in a high quality box and accessories kit. Based on some of the comments, I was half expecting them to turn up in wrapped in a newspaper!

The binos feel very nice in the hand, are nicely balanced and have got a textured rubber coating which provides plenty of grip. The focus wheel is very smooth, it actually caught me by surprise. There is no play at all and is a pleasure to use.

Shining a torch down into the tubes shows a higher level of quality than I have seen in other Chinese binos. Quite often there is rough patches, smudges, on the internal surfaces, but these were very "clean". Also inside the tubes was a section of baffling, which is an added bonus.

Optically, the binos are actually very impressive. I find them to be extremely sharp 90%+ across the field of view. Testing them against both a Razor HD 8x42 and a Habicht 8x30W, I would say that the Eyeskey are the sharpest of the three. I was definitely able to pick out more detail on the pigeons nested in the big tree about 50m from our house.

The one thing I did notice is that the image is slightly darker than the Razor HD at dusk. Doing a side by side, the Razors definitely give a brighter image.

Overall, I am very impressed with the Eyeskey Diamond HD.

From what I can gather, Eyeskey is just a company in China that sources their binos from a major Chinese optics maker, Kunming Mayvin Optical Instruments Ltd. and brands them up as Eyeskey.

In conclusion, I would say that you probably can't go too wrong with these for £259 shipped. Plus when they are from Amazon, you always can return them with little issue.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

JBC,

Thanks for the info, however it is not sold on the Amazon USA website. They look like a potential clone to the Bushnell Legend M, now archived by Bushnell of which many were sold.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back