• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found blue-ish eggs (1 Viewer)

Drew0003

United States
Hello, I'm new here. I'm from Illinois, I just wanted to ask some information regarding Hatchlings. I have two eggs (i think either starling or robin eggs) that I found outside while cleaning my porch and I am incubating them. What sort of bed/nest should I prepare for the hatchlings?? I know I should keep them in a warm environment so I will buy a heater pad.. But not sure what I need to set up exactly. Can anyone help?

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. If a rehabbed in your area would take them that might be best. Sorry, but I can’t offer any advice.

Hello, I'm new here. I'm from Illinois, I just wanted to ask some information regarding Hatchlings. I have two eggs (i think either starling or robin eggs) that I found outside while cleaning my porch and I am incubating them. What sort of bed/nest should I prepare for the hatchlings?? I know I should keep them in a warm environment so I will buy a heater pad.. But not sure what I need to set up exactly. Can anyone help?
So apparently my incubator didn't rotate the eggs for around 15-16 hours. I see little to no movement but I'll check on the eggs again on Tuesday.

Hi Drew and a warm welcome from me too. I'm guessing you haven't had any luck with these eggs. Such a shame.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Drew and a warm welcome from me too. I'm guessing you haven't had any luck with these eggs. Such a shame.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Hi Delia, thank you. I did not, I left the eggs in the incubator for 5 extra days just to be sure. I opened them yesterday and the embryos were dead. I was pretty disappointed but I also did my best. This was my first time using an incubator but I think the problem was caused by too much humidity.

Sure! I'll be posting if I see interesting birds :)

Aaaw! A shame Drew. You can only do your best but it is extremely difficult to raise birds from the egg stage.

Thanks for trying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back