• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji 'con' binoculars...part 2 (1 Viewer)

rzbk

Hello all.

First I want to say thanks to all who replied to my first post dated Mar, 2012 which was asking about binoculars called 'Fujicon'. I tend to agree with one person who mentioned the Fuji 'con' was what I had gotten myself into!

I'm a tad late with my follow-up but I'm still hanging in there. I had mentioned at that time I would furnish more information concerning this Fujicon brand name but I somehow lost my information and being old I forgot about it until I recently saw another pair in an auction which jogged my memory.

I again found a few references to the brand name 'Fujicon'. A couple are fairly late model binoculars and someone thought they must be Fujinons for the price paid.

Anyone interested in these or having knowledge of them please join in.

One eBay ad dated Aug. 22, 2013 reads; These sold for $150.00 (Ad w/ picture shown in attachments.)
" I'm selling my Fujicon Binoculars 7X50. They are in brand new condition, optics are crystal clear and does not have a single scratch on the lenses or the body as you can see in the pictures. They have a built in compass and everything works perfectly. If you have any question or concerns, please send me a message and I will get back to you immediately. Thanks for looking."

Another eBay ad from May 7, 2013 reads; These sold for $20.00 (ad w/ picture shown in attachments)
"THE MARKINGS ON THE BINOCULARS ARE AS FOLLOWS: JAPAN WITH A K IN A CIRCLE NEXT TO IT. # B149 AND E11 NEAR MAIN LENSES, FUJICON FULLY COATED, 7 X 35 FIELD 6.5 N0.13667 AND FINALLY THE FOCUS KNOB GOES FROM +2 TO -2...THERE ARE ONLY 3 LENS COVERS, 4TH IS MISSING. CASE HAS A THIN RED VELVET INSIDE. THATS ABOUT ALL I CAN SAY HERE. THE BINOCULARS WORK GREAT AS THEY SHOULD. I WAS CONTACTED FROM AN EXPERT IN THIS STUFF WHEN IT WAS FIRST LISTED ( RELISTED DUE TO NON PAYMENT) AND HE SAID THAT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A COMPANY THAT SPRANG UP WAY BACK IN THE DAY POSSIBLE WARTIME AND DIDNT LAST TOO LONG. I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING OUT ABOUT IT".

This eBay ad is dated Jan.28, 2014 and concerns a mini/opera style and sold for 45 euros. (picture)shown in attachments) "This super pair of MINI vintage FUJICON 7X18 binoculars are made in JAPAN (No85757) field 7 and date from the 1960's, they are in excellant condition, the coated lens focus perfectly and have a very clear image."

The 5th picture was my 120x120 Fujicon's but I could not figure out the process to resize the pixels and it would not upload.

View attachment 484828

View attachment 484829

View attachment 484830

View attachment 484831

Last edited:
Well, forget the picture attachments. I haven't the faintest idea of the problem the note is referring to.

I'll try again later.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back