• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gitzo question (1 Viewer)

dw87

United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I've just purchased this used Gitzo and have two questions I would like assistance with please:
1) Is it possible to tell the model number (it has worn off but appears to end 29/39/89)
2) Is it possible to buy a mounting plate (unsure if this is the correct term) to do away with the centre column? The height is plenty tall enough without this, so hoping aI can switch it out and save some weight.
Gitzo seem to sell these separately as an accessory (£150!) so any third party alternative options welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20231121_165909.jpg
    20231121_165909.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231121_165859.jpg
    20231121_165859.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231121_165850.jpg
    20231121_165850.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Good evening all,

I've just purchased this used Gitzo and have two questions I would like assistance with please:
1) Is it possible to tell the model number (it has worn off but appears to end 29/39/89)
2) Is it possible to buy a mounting plate (unsure if this is the correct term) to do away with the centre column? The height is plenty tall enough without this, so hoping aI can switch it out and save some weight.
Gitzo seem to sell these separately as an accessory (£150!) so any third party alternative options welcome.

Thanks in advance!
THIS?

Without knowing if it is a series 2, 3, 5, etc., you might have to try and see if it works or measure the inside diameter of the opening.

Last edited:
THIS?

Without knowing if it is a series 2, 3, 5, etc., you might have to try and see if it works or measure the inside diameter of the opening.
Many thanks - sadly that is just as expensive as the Gitzo version in the UK (£150).
How can I figure out which series it is? Tripod has 2 leg closures, and extends to approximately 1.9m without centre column, and is about 0.75m when fully retracted. Smallest diameter of lower leg is about 5cm.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back