• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goshawk? Berlin (1 Viewer)

Henry_Flower

Germany
I went looking for the famous Berlin goshawks today -- can I check whether I actually found one, rather than a female sparrowhawk? There were male sparrowhawks around as well, and this bird was significantly bigger -- I had an impression of buzzard size. If it helps, I can also provide an audio recording and picture of a nest which the bird spent some time on. Thanks!

g1_4S0A3028.jpgg2_4S0A3065.jpgg3_4S0A3138.jpg

What a great place Berlin is to see goshawks - not just in the big parks like the Tiergarten but also the smaller churchyards. The detailed views you can get of a bird that is normally not easy to see in the UK are just amazing. A long weekend there would be a great crash course for anyone who wants to familiarize him/herself with this species.

What a great place Berlin is to see goshawks - not just in the big parks like the Tiergarten but also the smaller churchyards. The detailed views you can get of a bird that is normally not easy to see in the UK are just amazing. A long weekend there would be a great crash course for anyone who wants to familiarize him/herself with this species.
Yes -- I've had glimpses in the Tiergarten, but they're easier to locate in a smaller area! This was in one of the churchyards. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back