• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hampshire sites? (1 Viewer)

teamsaint

Can anyone reccomend some good sites in Hampshire, Dorset and West Susex. I've already visited:
Testwod Lakes
Lower Test
Winnall Moors
Pulborough Brooks
Arundel WWT
Plus other sites in other parts of england such as London Wetland Centre, Rutland water and the northern Wales area.

I am planning to visit:
Lodmoor
Titchfield Haven
Farlington Marshes
Slimbridge
Isle of Sheppey/Elmley Marshes
Norfolk area
Arne
Langstone Harbour
Blashford Lakes
Keyhaven & Pennington Marshes

I'd recommend Pagham Harbour as a very good birding venue fairly local to you. Doesn't seem to be any Suffolk sites on your future hit list?

Cheers
Andy

if you are heading for Lodmoor check out Radipole Lake. Best views I've evewr had of Cetti Warbler. They were all over the place.

I'd recommend Best Birdwatching Sites in Sussex

Yes Andy - Pagham Harbour is a must.

Also Chichester Gravel Pits and Chichester Harbour - various access points.

D

Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendations, i'll look up pagham harbour. I don't visit a wide variety of sites. I normally visit the same ones over and over again. I went to the London Wetland Centre on Sunday and had a great day with 2 Bitterns, 1 Peregrine and a wintering Chiffchaff. Do you think you could post some lists from previous visits to the harbour?

Last edited:
pagham is a must also the old billy(railway line) on hayling island and while your there pop into the old oyster beds if its windy. down the other end of hayling at sinah warren area is the gravel beds(good for owls) and the bottom part of langstone harbour. then on the east side of hayling try the old hospital grounds it is a private nature reserve owed by the council but you can walk round the out side of it. its very good for summer birds and you can do a bit of sea watching from there as well. i lived on the lisland for 18 years and i had some very good birdwatching there its very easy to spend all day there birdwatching

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back