• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Endurance ED 25-75x 85mm short review (1 Viewer)

I did a lot of research for upgrading my wife's scope for birding, which I am glad to say led to this scope. It has been out on several day-trip car-based expeditions and has performed very well for her. I set this up side-by-side to compare to her much older Raven scope - the improvements are clear across the board. Color, brightness, resolution, lack of chromatic aberration and viewing comfort (including eye relief) are excellent across the impressive 25-75x zoom range. For example, image quality when looking at a white birch tree trunk (with many very fine white lines) was amazing at full zoom at 100 yards. Focus is very precise with the dual-knob system. Fit and finish are also excellent, and it looks quite nice as well. (We did have to snug the eyepiece threads a bit tighter when it first arrived, but that should be part of any new optic checkout upon arrival.) Optics Planet price was excellent and there was a 10% off code on top of that for even better value. Very happy with this scope

I birded for a long time with a Hawke 85ED. A very, very good scope and provided hundreds of hours of nest watching delight when the Peregrine were on the crag.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back