• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Key Largo (1 Viewer)

KL Duq

United States
Hello all. I've visited BF before, but Colin Curry's BIF image of a scruffy Blackbird "On his way to the barber for a trim" (Blackbird) finally motivated me to register, just to say, "Thanks, that was fun." The silhouette looked like an American Robin. My eye barely caught "Blackbird," and... the hook was set. Bird looked like an American Robin that had fallen into someone's sooty chimney. Then I saw Cambridge, and "doh!" Aha! An international website. Well... that was fun. Thanks!
I'm a marine & natural areas conservation biologist & educator who grew up in New Jersey, developing B&Ws in Dad's darkroom at home. Forty years of mostly agency employment, 95% in the Florida Keys, with strong interests in botany and wildlife. I know my Nikon D7500's larger sensor takes better images, but our coastal, subtropical environment and I are hard on cameras, so I usually rely on versatile long-zoom point & shoots (i.e.: Panasonic Lumix FZ300 and Canon Powershot SX40-HS) as my "take everywhere" tool, and hope they last three years.

Attachments

• DSC_3926_Owl feeding fledgling_70% resize.jpg
    DSC_3926_Owl feeding fledgling_70% resize.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi KL Duq and a warm welcome from me too.

That's a wonderful picture you've shown us - I do hope we'll be able to see some more of your images in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back