• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Texas (2 Viewers)

SustainabilityCarmen

United States
I am in Texas right now. I am a grad student studying sustainability. I have seen a lot of birds in my life and travels and even worked on nesting success research in Maine and Utah, when I was an undergraduate at the University of Idaho studying Wildlife Biology. I have taught around 8,000 kids in total, most of whom were in nature camps. I have a lot of experience in the camping industry and environmental education. I taught some of those kids how to bird, if it was part of our curriculum. One of the highlights was seeing an Osprey at a lake with the kids. We were all really impressed. It might have been at Pickering Creek Audubon Center. I can't quite remember, because I have worked at so many camps that I don't remember which birds I saw at each one. I can kinda narrow it down based on the range of the birds and my Sibley's Guide To Birds. I came here to sell my Meopta MeoPro HD 8x42 binoculars because I am going through a financial crisis right now, but thought maybe I can stay to make friends. I'm not sure if I can, but I am trying to. Hopefully it's a learning experience for everyone getting to know me, and a good learning experience for me. I am a lifelong learner. I love to learn. I studied abroad in Madagascar like 20 yrs ago. My favorite bird I saw in Madagascar was the Crested Coua. I loved watching it walking within one foot of my tent in the mornings. I just love its beautiful eye patch. :) Such great colors.

To Everyone,

These are my boundaries for interactions with me in this forum:

Please respect my personality, my boundaries, and my life choices when interacting with me on this forum. Do not attack me verbally like call me names, blame me, shame me, or try to change me. I have already experienced some of this bad, emotionally abusive behavior done to me in one section of this forum, as well as abusive messages sent to my personal email calling me names. I think these ones in the forum got deleted after I told members not to treat me so poorly. Maybe the host deleted them. All of this type of talking was triggering and traumatizing for me.

Also, I was given a lot of unsolicited advice that was bad advice and irrelevant. I am setting a boundary of all of you agreeing not to give me any advice unless I ask you for it. I probably will never ask for your advice, because I like to make up my own mind and take my own advice and then learn from the bad and good advice that I gave myself. I also pray about issues and ask God for advice. It is most likely if you try to give me advice that I never asked for, the advice won't be suited to me and will be bad advice. So it's best to just share stories and pictures, like normal friends, and not advice. You can give validations. That's fine. Thank you for your understanding.

Setting boundaries is a healthy part of emotionally stable relationships and is connected with how people interact on a forum to talk about any topic, including binoculars. I know I got emotionally abused here by people calling me names and attacking my life choices. I was accused of ranting when I was trying to explain myself with examples and stories and set my boundaries and not be subjected to additional verbal and emotional abuse. It is not ranting to set healthy boundaries and stop emotional abuse from being perpetrated, when talking about any topic, including binoculars. So please respect my boundaries and be good to me. :) Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back